For better or for worse, most of us can’t help but get excited by petty celebrity feuds. Whether the stars are shading each other over social media or clapping back in-person, there’s a thrill that comes with watching it all go down.
Here are just a few of our all-time favorite celebrity shades that have happened in-person and they’re straight fire.
1. That time Mariah Carey shaded Nicki Minaj for not having a Hot 100 hit.
— LILKIMLAND™ (@LILKIMLAND) February 27, 2017
2. And when Mariah responded to Nicki saying “All I Want For Christmas” used to be a great song.
3. When Alicia Keys slyly shaded Kelly Clarkson’s voice.
— Tarig. (@1Tarig) March 1, 2018
4. That time Chelsea Handler basically called Andy Richter fat.
5. And then Andy Richter had the perfect clapback.
6. Nicole Kidman’s shady response to Andy Cohen.
— Anderson Cooper 360° (@AC360) January 1, 2018
7. That time Jerry Seinfeld yelled at Larry King.
8. When Michael Jordan roasted the hell out of Charles Barkley on Oprah.
9. When Barbara Walters told the Kardashians what she really thought of them.
10. And that time she called Kathy Griffin an attention junkie.
You May Also Like
— Ruin My Week (@RuinedWeek) January 21, 2019
11. When Naomi Campbell came at Tyra Banks.
12. And that time Cher tore David Letterman a new one.
13. When Charlamagne insulted Chanel West Coast’s rapping.
14. When Kenya Moore and Michael Rapaport had this all-out shade fest.
15. That iconic moment when Nicki Minaj called Miley Cyrus out at the VMA’s.
16. When Nicole Kidman told Giada De Laurentiis that her pizza was “a little tough”.
17. Megyn boldly snubbing Hoda on live TV.
18. That time Chelsea Handler told Piers Morgan he sucked at interviewing.
19. When Rihanna shaded Helena Bonham Carter’s fashion choices.
20. When 50 Cent and Oprah laid it all out on the table.
21. And finally the feud between Justin Bieber and Orlando Bloom that turned physical.