11. He was acting so hard in the trash compactor scene that he burst a blood vessel in his eye.
I purposely made myself red-faced for a strangulated look, causing a blood vessel in my eye to burst. Afterwards-they had to shoot carefully to hide it until I healed. George told me I should’ve asked him 1st because w/ the lighting & red-filters it made no difference. #TrueStory https://t.co/877pbC6AWP
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) May 5, 2019
12. Though it might seem like it, he doesn’t know everything about Star Wars.
He asked: “How did Luke Skywalker lose his green lightsaber?” He seemed so informed, sincere & innocent. How was I supposed to know he was setting me up with a trick question? FUN FACT: I once flunked a #StarWars trivia quiz. #TrueStory https://t.co/3A2EbrZmxj
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) June 17, 2019
13. He took scuba-diving lessons at an all-girls school for his scene in the Bacta tank
I visited an all-girls school for scuba-diving lessons preparing for the Bacta Tank scenes in #EmpireStrikesBack. The pool for was closed to students that day, but after a few hours underwater, I surfaced & was surrounded by countless girls… all laughing at me. 😳 #TrueStory https://t.co/RCy7Sxwqqs
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) January 9, 2019
14. Carrie Fisher was both a goofball on set and a winter fashion icon.
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) September 7, 2019
15. Fisher also forced Hamill to model her clothes at least once.
It was Carrie’s robe. She REALLY wanted me to wear it & I thought-who cares? No one will ever see it. This pic was snapped as she pointed to the photographer with the long-lens camera & I thought-who cares? No one will ever see it.#ThanksInternet 😳 https://t.co/r0cZaRr9hs
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) May 7, 2018
16. When the cast hung out with Monty Python star Eric Idle, Harrison Ford couldn’t keep it together.
Not sure-but I think we were spoofing Awards Shows w/ me presenting Eric a gold Monty Python record-I AM sure Carrie took that picture & that I’ve never seen Harrison laugh that hard-before or since (I like your idea though-We could call it Scooby Don’t) https://t.co/E5L7AZu7O5
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) September 21, 2018
17. He still remembers his lines from the original Star Wars screen test that landed him the role of Luke Skywalker.
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) September 27, 2017
18. Frank Oz, who played Yoda, didn’t like other cast members doing Yoda impressions because it threw him off.
.@TheFrankOzJam did NOT. When shooting #EmpireStrikesBack-we all were doing Yoda impressions (“Hungry are you? To lunch we must go!”)-Frank finally asked us to please stop because our goofy versions were influencing him & a distraction from the only one that mattered.😆#TrueStory https://t.co/BAjESnDkcI
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) July 2, 2019
19. Alec Guinness, who played Obi-Wan, once slapped Hamill for calling him “Sir Alec” one too many times.
I always called him “Sir” Alec until one day he tapped me twice on the cheek, followed by a fairly firm slap! Him: “I want to be known by my name, NOT my accolade!”
Me: “Can I call you “Big Al?”
Both of us: 🤣😂 (a LOT)#TrueStory https://t.co/uv3jM45YYs
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) December 24, 2018
20. Hamill and Fisher would argue whether Luke, as Leia’s brother, should be considered royalty.
Me: Wait a minute…If Luke is Princess Leia’s brother, does that make me royalty?
Carrie: (immediately w/ no hesitation) NO!!!
Me: OK-relax! Just asking… (So began a yrs-long tease of mine) You sure? LORD Vader-QUEEN Amidala & I’m the only commoner? Carrie:😠 Me:🤣 #TrueStory https://t.co/mQEiMiORt3
— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) May 15, 2019