The Depths of Amazon is a very dark place. Indeed, learning about people from what they purchase is almost always a tale of woe. I can recall when adults were buying Beanie Babies. Now, people are buying lube and VHS copies of the movie Hook. What’s going on there? Every purchase tells a story and the Instagram page @depthsofamazon reveals that funny truth with every photo.
Amazon isn’t the only place to buy things, however, it’s the only place to find truly insane reviews. People there need therapy, and they’ve instead decided to hand over their emotional baggage to you, the reader. Frankly, it’s an honor. I know a lot about retail therapy, and I appreciate that others are trying to reach out.
Witness the absolute rock bottom of the internet thanks to one perfect Instagram account.
Here are the funniest and weirdest products and reviews found on Amazon thanks to @depthsofamazon:
1. Even Jeff loves to add weird reviews no one needs.
2. Based on a true story.
3. Fun surprise for the reviewer above.
4. Do cats love anything, though?
5. Getting this photo with your cat is priceless. 10/10.
6. One violence, please.
7. Haters will say it’s photoshopped.
8. A real book and a real review.
9. Perfect, long explanation of what a banana is. Thank you for taking the time.
10. A review of Weezer’s Blue album with photograph of the reviewer for some reason?
11. When you love soap more than reading.
12. A true hero.
13. I knew a young woman who bathes in a shoe…
14. Product did not help against that thing dogs are known for.
15. If you’re having trouble seeing, the cord is an inch long.