I’m a Millennial. Admitting that used to feel strange. Mostly, it felt like we were all getting blamed for killing Applebee’s restaurants and cereal. Both are bad for you. We’d rather stare at our phones than stare at physical books. We’d rather have 18 individual streaming services than cable.
There are many reasons to mock a Millennial. Sadly, the number one reason is that we’re old now. The next generation is coming up behind us at an alarming rate. I can’t believe my peers and I might be this century’s lost generation, and all because we faced three once-in-a-lifetime recessions in less than a 20 year period. Yes. That was our fault. We were all in high school day trading when the economy collapsed.
Still, we deserve some ridicule. Gen Z is correct. It pains me to say it, but then again, everything pains me. I’m old as hell.
Here’s how Gen Z is insulting Millennials because Millennials deserve it:
1. We need to stop eating our own (the Olds) and join forces.
2. Wait- am I the old guy in this meme?
3. Sums it up.
4. This is funny, but it radicalized me.
5. “Good work, kids!” he tweeted…
6. Get him!
7. Basically, they’re speaking a new language.
8. Hey, this movie belongs to us, though!
9. Gen Z needs a Pizza Hut’s BOOK IT! program but for Communist literature.
10. At least they know what a CD is.
11. I just want health insurance.
12. To be fair, most of us also thought this was dumb.
13. Fellow kids, I’m one of you.
14. How did our youth slip away so fast?
15. I’m so tired.