There’s a reason dads are in their own category when it comes to jokes. Though a dad joke is easy to spot—you know it when you see it—it escapes easy definition. It’s a mix of silly, punny, cringey, and wholesome. It’s those cargo pants that unzip into shorts, but in the form of a joke.
It’s always great when dads’ own jokes are USED AGAINST THEM. Which is exactly what Twitter account @TheDad did when they prompted people to prank their dads by sending a picture pretending they’d used olive oil in their car instead of motor oil.
1. And BOY did dads deliver.
2. Some dads fell for the prank hook, line, and sinker:
3. And were upset:
4. REALLY UPSET:
7. Some dads demanded to be told they were being pranked:
10. Others went full throttle on the dad jokes:
13. Dad jokes abounded:
16. One dad replied simply with a horrified bitmoji:
17. A lot of dads couldn’t be fooled:
20. This dad gave a straightforward tip:
21. And this one saw the situation glass half full:
22. While these dads were completely unruffled:
24. Can’t kid a kidder.
Read through the entire thread here.