Teachers and professors have tough jobs. Often times they are severely underpaid and overworked at a job that gets very little recognition for how important it can be. All that being said, there’s no need to be a jerk about it. Mean teachers get no love.
Some of the saltiest people I’ve ever met in my life were mean teachers and professors. Still do this day I replay interactions I had with stubborn educators who flat out refused to see anything from a perspective other than their own. Honestly getting a little mad just thinking about it now.
Today, a lot of correspondence between students and teachers/professors takes place either through email or text. This provides a great opportunity to screenshot situations where they are being unreasonable, where before it was usually word of mouth, which is always going to side with the teacher.
These brave students leak screenshots from mean teachers and professors who made no attempt to be understanding. Educators used the power they have to be a cold obstacle, rather than a warm guide. Doesn’t sound like very good educating to me.
1. A cruel professor being a little too bold.
2. Professor telling a student “on time” is “late”
3. This professor didn’t believe a student could finish so fast, so gave them a zero.
4. A teacher who completely disregards a student’s grief. Nice.
5. A not so well thought out reaction…
And the swift apology.
6. This professor cares not about the freezing rainstorm.
7. And this professor doesn’t believe in Covid.
8. Setting the due date just before midnight should earn you a spot in the Bad Professor Hall Of Fame.
9. A professor who couldn’t be bothered to send an email for all the commuting students.
10. A professor who gave a zero for not stapling the papers.
Oh, but don’t worry. You can make it up.
11. A teacher who straight up lost this student’s final, then lied about it and gave them a zero.
12. Can a professor ban yawning?
13. I hope this isn’t an English professor.
14. French teacher who has all the power.