Movies have come a long way since their inception, particularly with advances in technology and cinematic quality, but there are some conventions that never really change.
You’d be hard-pressed to find any film that didn’t host at least a couple of Hollywood’s commonly relied on clichés and these are some of the most annoying ones according to the Reddit and BuzzFeed communities.
1. Every time someone wakes up in a hospital, the first thing they do is rip the IV out of their arm.
2. Whenever someone is in a hurry to get away, the car struggles to start.
3. Boy meets girl. Boy tells girl lie to impress her. Boy and Girl fall in love. Boy tells girl truth. “Our entire relationship is based on a lie! Did you ever even love me?”
4. When a cop is close to solving a case, he’ll be suspended from duty, which he’ll ignore.
5. When they end a phone conversation with someone, they never say “goodbye”. Just hang up the phone.”
6. Sneaky helicopters, the ones that suddenly appear with a great wall of sound 10 foot in front of the movies protagonist without warning.
7. When a character answers a phone and is overly descriptive, making sure you can follow both sidesof the phone conversation. e.g. “Hi, Mary. Yes, I took out the garbage. No, I will not be home before seven.”
8. When the ‘science-guy’ is explaining something to the main character using complicated technical-sounding terms, the first response is always some variation of “English, please?”.
9. Young 20-something year old with a low paying job in New York? Let’s have that character live in a giant apartment right in the middle of Manhattan.
10. Whenever someone stands in the shower and then turns it on. Like what? The water is freezing at first! No one does that.