There are no heroes in the Netflix docuseries Tiger King. People mostly decide who they hate the most or the least. Most folks seem to focus their energy on main protagonists Joe Exotic and Carole Baskin. Another runner up was businessman Jeff Lowe who was a buyer of big cats, at least partly for reasons of seducing women. He eventually purchased G.W. Zoo, after swindling joe Exotic and betraying him to the police.
Lowe is out of work in regards to shuttling tiger cubs across the country, but he is still making money on Cameo, an app that lets fans to buy personalized messages from celebrities. According to Junkee, he charges about $150 per recording. He’s only sold about 34 people recordings thus far.
Lowe decided to try and drum up some more business, doing a Cameo-sponsored Reddit AMA. Some questions were sincere—but the vast majority of them were dedicated to absolutely dragging him.
Twitter user @ahgiles7 screenshot some of the best examples:
“As a senior citizen, why do you dress yourself like an anthropomorphized can of Monster Energy?”
“Yeah, I have a lot of questions. Number one: how dare you?”
“Why does he dress like a Hot Topic and Affliction had a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome?”
So did @stalinfan69 (what is that Twitter user name mean?? NOO!):
i haven’t seen tiger king and i probably wont but i love seeing dudes get annihilated by the internet, like jeff lowe here in the reddit ama pic.twitter.com/HsEXpR3GNa
— Hot Take Haver (@stalinfan69) April 15, 2020
Some more choice examples of questions Lowe received:
- What’s your monthly budget for bedazzled jeans?
- Is your wallet on a chain?
- How many cubic kilometres of Axe body spray do you go through in a fiscal year?”
Why do you dress like you went through a midlife crisis 10 years ago, and just got stuck there?
- Hi Jeff, I actually have a question for your wife. Lauren, why do you put up with this disgusting f–king asshole and let him belittle you and treat you like trash? What derailed your self esteem so much that you would continue to be around this 13 year old dumb fuck trapped in a geriatric patient, whose primary concern is whether or not his peacock feathers are bright enough. You deserve better than to waste your life with an a evil conman. Call Carole Baskin, she might have some ideas that could help you out
- Did you expect this to be anything other than a roast?
Do you think someday your wife Lauren will wise up and feed you to the tigers, completing the cycle and fulfilling the ancient prophecies?
- Hey Jeff Are you still claiming your grandfather Zion founded Robbins brothers circus? Spoiler Alert… he was 13 when Fred Buchanan changed the name from World Circus to Robbins Brothers.
- Hi yeah, my main question is did you marinate in a Ziploc bag overnight before this roasting?
Why do you dress like a high school weed dealer? Aren’t you pushing 60?
- What is your opinion on James Garrett’s Jet Ski Scene?
- How long do you think it’ll be before you’re behind bars where you belong?
- Are you bald under the bandana?
Hey Jeff, when you bang your babysitter while your wife nurses your new-born baby, will you think of this comment? Thanks Jeff.
- Why did you hire a model from Vegas to fly out, take 1 single picture, and then claim she was your hot nanny?
- Hi Jeff, Thanks a bunch for doing this AMA! I have two questions for you: Why do you dress like Limp Bizkit’s creepy douchebag roadie? Why do you always have the self-satisfied grin of a man who just got away with farting very quietly?
- Do you still considering wheeling around cubs in roller bags to be an ok practice?
- How does it feel to get away with framing a man for soliciting murder?
Hey Jeff, has Oakley asked you to stop advertising their product?
It doesn’t seem like Lowe answered any of the roast questions, unfortunately, so the mystery of his fashion choices will go unanswered.
More Tiger King:
- Twitter Thread Explains The Predictably Crazy Facts Left Out Of “Tiger King” (33 Pics)
- People Describe “Tiger King” In Five Words And, Yep, That About Sums It Up (27 Tweets)
- “Tiger King Challenge”—People Are Dressing Up Like Joe Exotic And Carole Baskin With Stuff Around The House
- 65 Of The Best Funny Tiger King Memes & Tweets