I get it, some parents want to be “original” and name their kid something other than John.
Or Jason (the most popular boy’s name the year I was born).
But honestly, is having 5 kids in your class named “Jackson” but all spelled differently better than having 5 kids named Jason in your class all spelled the same? I submit it is not. Too complicated.
In any event, there’s a hot new subreddit dedicated entirely to roasting name choices and naming culture. Appropriately dubbed “Name Nerd Circle Jerk” the sub has curated some of the best and funniest posts about dumb baby names on the web.
Here are some of the best…
1. Wouldn’t wanna go with anything weird.
2. I’d even accept “Jon”
3. Ok, not for a baby human, but still bad for a horse.
11. People are posting valentine’s day class lists in a FB group in I’m. So many tragedeighs.
16. We should call them instanames
18. Saw this on Facebook and it might be legitimately the worst name I’ve ever seen.
20. Ok which one of you did this
23. Can I offer a crappy Facebook meme in these trying times
24. Well O’kayden
25. Fell in love with “Caisle” as an alternative spelling of “Kyle.” What do you think about this sibset?