The world is full of human ingenuity, but a lot of it never gets seen because the people creating these wondrous inventions don’t have “patents” or “money” or “safety features.” They make stuff or fix stuff in ways that would never pass any kind of legal inspection.
Usually, this kind of inventiveness flies under the radar, but not on the subreddit r/RedneckEngineering, created by Redditor Flounder19.
In an interview with Bored Panda, they described their acceptable standards for a feat of Redneck Engineering.
“It can range from something as common as using a hand mirror to replace a side-view mirror to something complex like building a backyard water slide with a loop-de-loop,” they said, and added that posts get “bonus points if it’d make an OSHA inspector cringe.”
All of these pics below fit the criteria, but it’s also quite stimulating for the imagination. We can literally make anything at any time, as long as we are not afraid. Live boldly like the people below:
1. Fork redux
2. A pool?
3. Walking the plank (diving board)
4. When you need to get the fumes out
5. This works everywhere
6. Catch your crap before it falls into the sea!
7. No worries about scratching this
8. Child soup
9. THIS is an adjustable shower head
10. If a boat one float on the water, float inside the boat
11. This has to be illegal
12. And this (but it should be marketed)
13. This looks weirdly fun
14. Nothing wasted, nothing wanted
15. Happy Thanksgiving!