The game gives you six chances to guess a five-letter word. After each guess, Wordle will let you know if you’ve gotten any of the letters right and if they’re in the correct spot. After you’ve successfully figured out the word, you have the option to share in your group chats or to your social media accounts.
Pro tip: There are algorithms that are being used to predict the best starting word for Wordle, and though the game (and hence the algorithm) have to change daily, here are the current best starting words:
Anyway, Twitter seems to be Wordle’s epicenter. People all over the world have been not only sharing their scores but also hilarious memes and jokes about Wordle.
Here are some of the funniest Wordle memes and twee and all its addictive goodness.
1. Maybe both?
2. Choose your first Wordle guess wisely (see above for tips on which words to guess)
3. When you don’t play World but you’re still on Twitter.
5. Even if you play Wordle, you gotta admit the constant memes and Tweets are annoying.
13. Even Netflix got in on the action…
23. “Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen! It’s not going to happen!” IYKYK.
24. Wordle is clearly becoming a little overwhelming for some…
26. “God I love being a Wordle!”
29. Because eventually anything cool gets co-opted by youth pastors…
32. Is the Rubik’s Cube harder to solve than getting the Wordle right on the first try?
34. Me playing wordle…
38. Have you been personally victimized by Wordle 219 X? You may be entitled to compensation.
40. It’s a high high, for about 30 seconds.
41. Spell Anything!
42. Hidden messages from the grave?
43. C’mon, that’s not even a word!
44. Never in my life have simple words been so foriegn to me.