If you’ve made it to adulthood, you’ve probably been fired at least once. If not, I don’t understand. REBEL! Actually, jk, getting fired really sucks. It can be financially frightening, feel like a major rejection, or and just seem incredibly unfair. But with some distance, those firings become stories you can tell about the time you were fired and maybe even laugh about. Or use to join in a popular hashtag on Twitter.
The account Hashtag Roundup asked people to share their stories about getting fired with #AndThenIGotFired not long ago. There were a lot of amazing answers then and the game has been revived somewhat recently. Could it be because unemployment is on the rise? Or because COVID safety is not an actual priority for many businesses and they don’t want to hear about it from lowly employees?
It’s a grim world. Let’s enjoy these past tales from people who survived getting fired for inspiration. If they can do it, we can, too.
More bad jobs and horrible bosses:
- 32 Horrible Bosses Who Got Publicly Shamed For Being Jerks
- Retail Workers Dish On The Rude Customers Who Almost Made Them Go Off
- 19 Of The Pettiest Things Employees Have Ever Done To Rude Customers
- 17 Bad Tippers Who Got Put On Blast By The Servers They Stiffed
- Guy Quits Job, Tells Off “Belittling” Boss In Viral TikTok Video