16. “Ultimately, it’s how you FEEL in your own skin!”
17. Take that progress photo and clap for yourself for working towards your health.
18. “THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY BODY. But there was EVERYTHING wrong with the way I viewed it, and how I treated it”
If you live in America, chances are, you’re not moving enough. Depending on which state you live in, your fellow adult population is anywhere between 17%-47% inactive. Sure, you might walk to your car, but if you’re not driving to the gym, you’re probably driving somewhere else where you’re planning to continue sitting. Staying active fights depression and builds willpower. The more you exercise, the more you’ll feel like saying no to a third doughnut.
The same goes for sleep and sobriety. Lack of sleep destroys willpower. Alcohol messes with sleep patterns and adds empty calories to your diet. Consider sleeping more, drinking less, moving around more often. Before you’ll know it, you’ll be craving exercise!
19. “Body composition is everything.”
20. “200 lbs 4 years ago and 200 lbs today.”
21. “She kept showing up, even after a hard day or week.”
22. “By the way: looking at my BMI I‘m overweight in both pictures.”
23. Getting fit and healthy at the exact same weight.
24. “Same weight but 2 years apart.”
25. Transforming over time.
Never forget: it’s all about attitude. You make the choices you can stand to live with and still be happy. Don’t try to eat salad for every meal and expect to stay with it. It’s not who you are! Eat nutritious foods and work out intensively 2-3 a week and you’ll feel better about yourself and your lifestyle. it’s a virtuous cycle.