in

People Are Sharing The Stupidest Ways They’ve Hurt Themselves—That They’re Willing to Admit

There are plenty of things people do that are clearly dangerous, like firefighting or playing football, but both things are pretty easy to avoid.

Humans try to keep themselves safe, but sometimes freak injuries happen, and sometimes the way they happen is really, really stupid.

Twitter user @Super70sSports admitted that they once broke their index finger on the door of their bathroom.

That’s it. No one broke it for them, they weren’t saving a baby from a burning building. They’d just gone to the toilet and BOOM.

They added, “That’s incredibly stupid but I know some of you can defeat me. Go.”

And people really did. Personally, it’s very hard for me to hear an injury described and not get a full-body shudder as I imagine it happening to me—and some of these injuries are horrible. But a lot of them are also incredibly stupid, and by the end I was mostly shuddering with laughter. Like, 75% laughter, 25% horror.

Read the Twitter confessions below and know you will never feel like your index fingers are safe ever again.

1.

2.

3.

4.

Torn tendon in middle finger putting a fitted sheet on the mattress. 3 corners were on. Pushing the 4th corner on, the elastic in the sheet snapped back, bending finger all the way back. Told friends it was from playing basketball.
tim rader (@tjco1006)

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.