A non-binary person posting on Twitter under the handle @cottoncandaddy has gone viral with some pretty harsh observations about the ways men and women are socialized to understand how basic human functions, like eating, work.
According to the picture they paint, cis het men are not socialized to understand how food is made in any respect.
They shared this anecdote about being in the kitchen with a dude with their followers, writing:
“being into straight men is surreal. one time a few years ago I had a guy over for dinner and he asked to help cook so I told him to halve the cauliflower and when I looked over he was literally trying to rip it apart. with his bare hands. most insane thing I’ve ever witnessed.”
The tweet went mega-viral, probably because the replies are filled mostly with women talking about insane crap the boys in their lives have gotten up to while attempting to make a simple meal. If there weren’t so many of them, you’d think it was all made up.
But yes, multiple guys have poured spaghetti sauce in the boiling pasta water. It’s a Thing.
Scroll through to scream in horror and disbelief and then make sure everyone you love, regardless of gender, knows how to boil water without setting the house on fire.
More funny tweets, memes, and pictures:
- Jimmy Fallon Asks People To Share Pet Peeves They Wish Were Illegal (35 Tweets)
- 21 “I Am Once Again Asking For Your Financial Support” Bernie Sanders Memes
- Oh, How Time Changes Things (27 Pics)
- Seasonal Depression Comes And Goes, But Depression Memes Are Always Around (39 Memes)
- Creeps Try To Get Laid, Women Roast Them, As It Was In Beginning, So Shall It Be In The End (21 Pics)