Today, like any other day, we need to be uplifted.
Thankfully, the Internet is always there for you.
Wholesome pictures of cute animals and kind human beings can help you pay it forward. Feeling good, in turn, can help you make others feel good. Frankly, we don’t deserve it. We’ve been mean to others, ourselves, and the planet at large. But, it’s important to be positive. The only way to do that is to follow the examples of the humans below.
I’m currently reading a book on “Learned Optimism,” and while I’m not sure looking at photos of nice things can help in the fight against being a pessimist, I do believe the photos can give you hope for humanity.
I hope you enjoy your day.
Here are some wholesome posts to make your day a little brighter whether you deserve that or not:
1. He’s so happy in his Summer Shoe Home.
2. I got scared for a second about the dog.
3. Two dogs who got along like they knew each other forever.
4. Please, think of the children.
5. Happy I got this photo of me and my best friend.
6. Every morning, our cat patiently waits at my sons’ bedroom door for them to wake up and it’s not to be fed – he just can’t wait to see them.
7. The firefighters that helped deliver our baby in our driveway last week just dropped off flowers.
8. We fed out backyard squirrel once… meet Frankie at our door waiting for nuts.
9. My great-grandma, who will be 103 on Valentine’s Day, laughing with my 2-month-old daughter.
10. After Stage 4 cancer and 20 months of chemo, my kid rang the bell!
11. “I don’t have anyone to celebrate with but I’m 7 years clean of heroin today.”
12. Spent the second half of 2020 homeless, NYE in a mental hospital, then caught COVID. Tonight is my first night in a proper bed. I built it myself.
13. “Today I have 2 years sober from fentanyl, meth, crack, and alcohol.”
14. Our cat had kittens two days after we had our baby girl. The kitten pictured climbs into her lounger with her whenever he has the chance.