21. My sister found this when cleaning out a fish. This was in the mouth and there was a smaller one in the stomach. It kinda freaked us out, does anyone know what it is?
Answer: Tongue eating parasite (cymothoa exigua). Truly harrowing. Eats the fish’s tongue and then takes the place of the fish’s tongue.
22. I saw this “cloud” on my way to work yesterday morning, May 22nd, at 5 AM EST. Other than this, the sky was completely clear.
Answer: Rocket launch. I live near a launch complex. See this a lot.
23. It is approx. 3 meters long and open at the end. Found with some similar looking ones scattered around on a hillside while hiking. What is this thing?
Answer: This device is called Gazex and it’s used to start avalanches, so they can control when and where they happen. This avalanche control system uses specially constructedand “exploder” sites and tubes built at key locations in avalanche territory to set off avalanches at controlled times. The exploders literally detonate a mixture of oxygen and propane from the tube structures. The explosive force expelled from the tubes triggers avalanches. The explosive bursts are fueled by gas canisters stored in tanks beneath the exploders on the mountain.
24. What is this black stuff appearing on the walls of my hostel’s bathroom? It’s almost in every corner as well. Should I be worried?
Answer: Termite infestation.
25. Found this kayaking in the Mississippi river yesterday, I think it’s some kind of exact fungus but I’ve never seen this in my life.
Answer: Bryozoa (also known as the Polyzoa, Ectoprocta or commonly as moss animals) colony.