Kids saying weird stuff about the world seems to be ninety percent of the joy of raising or teaching kids. Though we all start as kids, at a certain point we know enough about the universe to stop saying innocent goofy stuff or even thinking it. Children manage to remind us of all the absurdity the world contains, but in a good way, unlike the news.
Teacher Emily Kooistra is reminded of this every year on a regular basis, and she started to keep track of the funny things kids say that stands out.
On Twitter, she wrote, “I have a book where I record funny things my students say. At the end of each year I update it and typically find myself cry laughing as I read through previous years. Here are my top 10.”
In other comments, Kooistra says her students are second graders, and I assume she teaches at some sort of religious institution, not a public school, because the kids sure say a lot of cute stuff about Jesus. That’s cool. He probably enjoys it, too. Everybody could use a laugh, so thanks, kids.
More funny things kids say:
- Kids With No Filters Will Never Not Be Funny (34 Tweets)
- 41 Funny (And Mostly Harmless) Lies Parents Have Told Their Kids
- 18 Parents Share The Funny, Weird, And Gross Things They Caught Their Kids Hiding From Them
- 20 Moms Share Stories Of Their Kids Unintentionally Roasting Them
- Parents Are Sharing The “Weirdest” Stuff They’ve Caught Their Kids Doing (25 Posts)