Well, it finally happened. Twitter banned Donald Trump. Permnanently.
And to think it only took borderline treason, a direct attack on our government, and of course, the well-known analysis of Robert Pattinson’s dating life for @jack to lower the death knell.
What began in May 2009, and consisted of a 57,000 Tweet library of mostly incoherent nonsense, has officially come to an end.
Regardless of which side of the aisle you’re on, you’ve gotta be a little glad this carnival show is over. Or a lot glad. He did, after all, cause the deaths of supporters and first responders alike this week. If that doesn’t deserve a ban from a social media site, I don’t know what does.
Naturally, as Twitter does when anything happens, they had jokes. Here are some of the best memes and tweets since last night:
1. It’s the most logical first step.
barron hide ur ipad
— James (@CaucasianJames) January 8, 2021
2. If you think about it, it’s been coming since October 2012.
He got what he deserved pic.twitter.com/4cQguJt0yr
— Mat (@matchu_chutrain) January 8, 2021
3. Let’s not lose sight of how major and how minor this actually is.
Let that be a lesson, if you send a mob to kill congress, 3 days later you could lose one of your social media handles
— Zack Bornstein (@ZackBornstein) January 9, 2021
4. Turns out Barron’s wasn’t the first account he tried to Tweet from.
running through the halls trying to figure out if he still has the password for the Miss USA account
— Chase Mitchell (@ChaseMit) January 9, 2021
5. Doesn’t anyone have an account I can use?
Trump trying to get White House staffers to let him use their Twitter accounts pic.twitter.com/fQ0ZPGBvKa
— Tom Zohar (@TomZohar) January 8, 2021
6. Honestly, far fewer tiny hands jokes than you’d expect from Twitter.
7. It’s a big day for him.
8. TBH he just doesn’t have the dance moves for TikTok.
9. And people still want to give him another chance.
10. Oh no.
13. This may be the most ultimate burn of all time.
14. How’s he gonna calculate how not to pay taxes now?
BREAKING: Trump has been suspended indefinitely from the Calculator app
— Zack Bornstein (@ZackBornstein) January 8, 2021
15. Sorry, bro.
16. Don’t worry, R-Pat, the rest of Twitter is still willing to weigh in on things they have no business talking about.
17. The Barron jokes were plentiful.
18. As the saying goes “There’s always OnlyFans”
he’s down bad and running out of options pic.twitter.com/HRFpF9fdPT
— soul nate (@MNateShyamalan) January 9, 2021
20. Maybe I can even go just once a month now?
21. Can’t tell if tonight’s winner or loser is Trump’s #1 troll Jeff Tiedrich.
j*ff tiedr*ch is getting pulled out of a matrix pod somewhere
— jake (@jakecurrie) January 9, 2021
22. Can’t help you, man.
"WILL YOU TWEET THIS FOR ME" pic.twitter.com/RGcc8etoMy
— my pal andy (@andylevy) January 8, 2021
23. It’s fun trying to imagine this actually happening.
there’s a non-zero chance that Twitter updated his account with a spoof app and that he doesn’t know he’s banned and keeps tweeting to no one
— Regional Expert (@SortaBad) January 9, 2021
24. “We got him.”
I bet whoever at Twitter actually got to push the button felt like they were in Zero Dark Thirty
— Alex Blagg (@alexblagg) January 9, 2021
25. But hey, the didn’t do it on his last day, and that’s something?
Twitter after banning Trump 1,449 days into his presidency pic.twitter.com/W5bRvkskcs
— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) January 8, 2021
26. Oof, nah man, Twitter is still up for me.
27. And finally, a solid perspective for all of us.
Let’s be honest. The world would be a much better place if Twitter would just go ahead and ban everyone.
— Tim Siedell (@badbanana) January 9, 2021