A new trend has taken over TikTok and it ties into the theme of thinking you were cool as a kid when you obviously were not. There have been many iterations of this over the past couple of years but the trend has finally reached meme status.
It all started a few days ago when TikTok user @mally_a posted a video of how she strongly believed she was off the charts on the cool meter.
In the video, she’s incredibly prepared for those lessons, with a nearly full-length suit, swim cap and goggles. The picture is so incredible it earned the video 773.3K likes and 3.3 million views. Looks like @mally_a was on to something.
Her next upload included another glimpse into her fashion-forward past.
People were loving the childhood content, so it kept coming.
A post of her modeling at a bowling alley did even better than the swim lessons video.
it’s the confidence for me
But NOT as good as the video highlighting a professional photoshoot.
And this is around the time the meme format took off on TikTok, with thousands of people joining in with their own “cool” photos.
Every video proves it’s literally impossible to look back at photos from childhood — ESPECIALLY middle school — and say “Wow, I really killed those years with my fashion sense.”
More from TikTok:
- Teens On TikTok Think The Side Part In Your Hair Looks Terrible
- Women Share What They Would Do If There Were No Men On Earth For 24 Hours (28 Replies)
- 19-Year-Old TikTok Star Caught Kissing 13-Year-Old Fan Apologizes
- Woman “Styles” Chair At Target For A TikTok And Sets Off Huge Argument
- NYC Server On TikTok Rates The Celebrities She’s Waited On